• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen blanks out for a second when mouse pointer touches advanced help tips

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Samsung C49RG9 ultra wide monitor through a "DisplayPort" connection.

Running 5120 x 1440 at 100% scaling and 119.970 hz refresh rate (The monitor is designed for 120 hz) through an Nvidia RTX 2080 TI.

64Gb Ram, Windows 10 with the latest updates and my Adobe products are on my 2Tb SSD C: drive. (I'm a developer of 40 yrs and a gamer so I like lots of machine)

I use a great many tools and have been using Adobe tools since 1997. This issue is new to me and has me stumped. I may have to discontinue my subscription. Its happening in Premier Pro & Photoshop but Photoshop is the easiest to testa nd reproduce.

After a recent patch to photoshop, everytime an advanced tool tip (video popup tip) TOUCHED my mouse pointer, the entire monitor goes black, the monitor identifies which video source is being used (It displays "DisplayPort 1" in the monitor's distinctive blue menu color) and then the monitor displays a normal picture again. Shutting off the Advanced tool tip stopped it BUT...

The same issue happens when my mouse pointer TOUCHES a video clip in Premier Pro. Video clips are kind of the point in that product so I can't shut them off in Premier pro. I can no longer use that tool at all!

I have found the Adobe helpx page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Which described setting Photoshop to not use the GPU. I've done that and restarted the application. There was no change to the issue which according to the website indicates its not a video card or driver issue.

I call it "Blink" so as not to put an incorrect diagnoses to the issue but it looks like a display reset or a monitor input auto select of some kind but the monitor's input source has been manually set and isn't on auto so I have no clue. perhaps its some kind of resolution reset.. 

Premier Pro is unusable now but I do have files that were created in the Premier Pro May the 19th, 2021 where this problem didn't exist. I can load those files now and I'm advised by the product that it was created in a different version but the screen blanking now makes it impossible to edit.

How do I correct this issue of the display blanking out every time my mouse pointer touches (no click) a video clip inside an adobe product?

Since its a hardware effect I did this quick video clip on my phone;

https://youtu.be/OX01rIfHxKE

I did call support. They just blamed it all on the my Nvidia RTX 2080 TI without even evaluating the testing method on Adobe's own helpx site.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the monitor Using GSync? If so, try disabling it in NVidia control panel whilst using Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you ..

I was really hopeful but my monitor isn't G-Sync compatible according to the Nvidia control panel. Its disabled.

The monitor has the other variant of G-Sync, not the Nvidia one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines