Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting In Depth Conditional Knowledge for Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not very familiar with scripting but I have a dream automation that I am wondering is even possible to script into photoshop and am hoping someone here can help 🙂 Either to tell me its possible or now way haha

Basically I want to be able to have photoshop perform 3 different crops on one image and spit out 3 versions with their new crops. The other part of it is that when Photoshop applies these crops I want it to know whee to place them on a human figure. Is there a way to add a bounding box and guidelines in a script to let photoshop know to apply this crop from the waist of the figure in the image down and so fourth. Seems like a daunting dream I have but curious if anyone has any insights.

Thanks! -B

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @biancaa14443654 

please show something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but may be not easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, we need some examples. I did a script a while ago that cropped head shots so that they would match out business standard. It involved scripting a shape layer with a bounding box, and eyes and mouth locations that could be positioned and sized as a guild for the crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope to get an example here very soon, but what you are descriping sounds very close to what I am hoping to do, I basically need crop below the yes, mid theigh and just above the waist.

Forgive my lack of knowledge here but did you have to manually position the eyes and mouth location guides for the crop or was that automated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting Crops is easy.   A script can not place cropping guides if the script cropped the image  the crop is done,    Creating a Selection for a potential  crops is possible.  Setting a suggested centered Aspect Ration crop selection is easy. The selection can be interactivity position and resized by the user before applying crop.  However Settings suggestions based in Image content is not easy   Even if you have ideas of what you want to crop.  selecting the area need to be automated.   You can select something  automatically  like select subject but how would a script set a suggestion for cropping the subject add to the selection bounds. What if no selection  was set by select subject.    If you want to cop a person and here are to people in the image.     How do you automate selection what you potentially want to crop

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly, I am not sure if its possibly to batch 100 images where photoshop is able to tell where the eyes, waist and below the theighs are to add crop lines and then crop each one for web cuts, all on its own without a user needing to guide it manually. I dont have very much knowledge at all about scripting so I appreciate your in depth response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean thighs for the second time if I'm right 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much everyone, I am working on getting a mock example for what I am hoping to achieve, I'll post that here soon for reference. It would also be great if the script would look up data from a CSV and crop the image accordingly with the *2 crops.

Thanks again for all of your insights so far! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needs more detail. 🙂

Best to include several examples so we can see the variation that might happen between each picture.

Will follow this topic, I've done something like this before that might be what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jef!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop automation or script that would look up from csv?

A friend of mine is trying to help me figure this out and also posted a question in the forums, this link is a great example of what I need and has a mock example included. Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines