• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripts not visible in list, Actions not reading scripts. Began with 22.4.2 update.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My scripts no longer show up in my scripts list after this latest update. The script files are all there in the proper folder. I have certain custom actions which require these scripts in their functionality, and this is quite literally destroying my workflow. Windows 10, Photoshop 22.4.2. Just updated to 22.4.3, issue still exists. I am a daily, professional user. Please, how do I regain the lost functionality? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

The screenshot seems to show the folder for PHOTOHSOP 2020, not 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe reset preferences to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show the file list in the tree  "Photoshop version\presets\Scripts\". Note I link Photoshop Scripts to my Scripts  tree.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed, other than the photoshop updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots of my folder contents and the scripts list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot seems to show the folder for PHOTOHSOP 2020, not 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your screenshots we see there are 2 Photoshops installed. You refer to the wrong one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that was exactly the problem. The photoshop 2021 folder didn't look like a folder, it looked like an executable file.  I placed the files in the proper folder and they now show up.  Still confused about it, really, they were working fine, then stopped. Anyway, thanks so much for pointing that out.  Kind of feel like an idiot now, but that's ok, too.  LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If we helped you, mark the correct answer, so it's going to be useful for other users too 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines