• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby Zoom Randomly Turns Off, Interrupts Workflow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for months, but I'm getting pretty fed up with it. As a digital painter, the scrubby Zoom is essential to my workflow. Only, it seems that randomly it will be disabled for certain files, or with certain new canvases, and it will suddenly revert to the default zoom, so when I go to Zoom, it will suddenly enlarge by 1000% and I will have to hold ALT and back out 10-15 levels before trying again. I can go back and forth between two different files, and the scrubby zoom will work with one, and not the other. In the latter, the option box is greyed out. 

I have seen other forums with solutions relating to the OpenGL, video card settings, etc. I've reset my preferences, at the expense of hours customizing preferences to optimize my workflow, still nothing. 

I'm using Photoshop version 21.1.3., on Windows 10, 64-bit. I tried updating a couple of months ago but the new version introduced so many new issues that I had to revert, losing all my settings, which took weeks to restore manually. I'm done with Photoshop updates, as they always seem to mess with my settings and create more problems for me. 

It seems like a small issue, but considering that the success of my work depends on an uninterrupted flow state, having to constantly adjust to this apparently random setting change presets a bit issue for me. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on a finding a permanent solution to this issue. 

Thank you,
Eben

Eben_Schumacher_ARt_0-1599938960905.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you all tell us what operating system you are using?
Also what video card.  It will obviously help to know if your systems have common elements.

@olivia45  @Matheus0D45  @Eben.Schumacher.ARt 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home ver. 21H2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz

GPU: GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop

32 GB DDR4 RAM  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you disable GPU in preferences, do you see it appear? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines