• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Second instance of the ui window

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to open second instance of the ui window? Brushes for exmample?

I want brushes and layers panel to be avaliable on both of my working screens. Or maybe at least is it possible to run duplicate of my current PS layout on second screen (without using screen mirroring as OS feature).

I know it looks kinda silly, but i see alot of cases when this feature could help me with my experience. If there's no such thing... Well all i can think of is to create shortcut for switching workspaces in AHK maybe... 

thanks in advance

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Hi @maxk4353612 

No, not within Photoshop itself. Possibly a scripter will have a solution, but otherwise you can make a feature request for the Adobe developers here:

Adobe Photoshop Family

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Can you explain why this would be helpful to you?  If it is a case of panels getting in the way, could you just drag them to another position?   How many screens are you using, and what size are they (it)?

You could also make custom workspaces and switch between them with a simple Action.  I do this and repurpose Function keys as the shortcut to trigger them, so F5 selects and resets my mainly used three screen workspace, F6 selects and resets Essentials, F7 my modified Motion workspace etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maxk4353612 

No, not within Photoshop itself. Possibly a scripter will have a solution, but otherwise you can make a feature request for the Adobe developers here:

Adobe Photoshop Family

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain why this would be helpful to you?  If it is a case of panels getting in the way, could you just drag them to another position?   How many screens are you using, and what size are they (it)?

You could also make custom workspaces and switch between them with a simple Action.  I do this and repurpose Function keys as the shortcut to trigger them, so F5 selects and resets my mainly used three screen workspace, F6 selects and resets Essentials, F7 my modified Motion workspace etc.  (You need to add the reset workspace to the Action because otherwise it will switch to that workspace in whatever stat it was in.  So you can use the same Action to tidy a workspace after you have been dragging panels all over the place.  That's something we do a lot because we constantly move panels in order to get screen shots for forum answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's beacuse im using cintiq for drawing details and bamboo for drawing landscapes and concept art, it's just a question of comfort. So, technically, i need brushes window both on the monitor (while drawing on bamboo) and on cintiq. So to drag menus all the time - is not an option. 

workspaces switch, as i intially implied in original post, is good option, but i've found option that meets my requires much closer. So i've upgraded bambo to intuos pro (it also uses pro pen 2 and as a result- fully compatible with cintiq pro). So to switch screen to select brush or for other actions, now i can just do it on intuos and get back to work on cintiq without any need to switch screens or workspaces. Anyways - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines