• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select and mask still not working in 22.4.2 MacOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my photoshop thinking 22.4.2 would fix my "select and mask" problem but NO, anyone else having a problem on Catalina? I select subject or any manual selection (doesn't matter how I select) and then try to use the "select and mask" button and the right rail flashes the panel with all the adjustments in it and then just disappears so I can't do anything??? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you invoke Select and Mask any other way, does it work? (e.g., Select > Select and Mask on the menu bar)

If you disable your GPU, does it work? (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart. Select and Mask will be dog slow but this is a good way to find out if your GPU's driver has gone kablooey.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, please try the suggestions by @War Unicorn and see if it helps.

You may also try going to Photoshop's Preferences > Technology Previews, and check the item Deactivate Native Canvas, then restart Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these suggestions work. I'm having the same problem. When clicking the Select and Mask button or in the menu, I see the window flash on my screen for a split second and then it's gone. Select and Mask is broken on 22.4.2 for sure.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have the same problem here after the newiest update still.... select and mask doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. The suggestions posted here don't work for me either! Running Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines