• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and mask tool only works after restarting photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue ever since photoshop updated for 2021. Whenever I use the select and mask tool I am able to use it flawlessly. Once I've finished with that selection and would like to move on to the next one, the select and mask tool refuses to snap to the edges and I essentially just have a select and mask tool that will never make and accurate selection. While i use the tool a bunch of lines cover the workspace and then dissapear after I release the mouse. The only solution is to save my project, close and then reopen photoshop. This is killing my productivity and I've been searching for months through here trying to find an answer. How can I fix this? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, the select and mask tool appears to be acting like a brush instead of snapping to the edges of the object I want to cut out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! So sorry to hear that you are having this issue! Have you tried resetting your preferences? Here is a help doc that will walk you through the process: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Also, are you on a Mac or Windows machine? What operating system?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines