• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective Tool Not working in NIK plug in

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the NIK color Efex Pro filter with PS (yes I have the latest versions of both),  I continue to get the same message.

You are in the selective editing mode. Click "Discard" or "Apply" to return to Photoshop's normal functionality. 

Sure there's a workaround, however, after paying for the CLOUD and NIK I should not have to perform any workarounds.  When oh when will this issue be fixed?  I am a MAC user

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

I have contacted NIK, (DXO) and currently waiting for a reply.  Thank you for responding.  I hope they won't say to contact Adobe.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue with the NIK plugin, not Photoshop. Have you contacted NIK support? 

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted NIK, (DXO) and currently waiting for a reply.  Thank you for responding.  I hope they won't say to contact Adobe.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on this.  Still no resolution.  Had to provide DXO examples, wiating to hear back from them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issues with the Nik Selective Tool too (in the past few months it won't work) & I'm on a Win 10 PC Ps 2021 rel. 22.4.2. This is so frustrating. I don't even remember what the workaround was that I had to use several gens ago (and it was annoying then too after having bought all the original Nik products for over $350 then buying 1-2 over-priced DxO (no signif value-add) updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I’m pretty sure there are a LOT more of us out there. It’s just very frustrating because you know you’ve tried everything and still it does not work. The latest suggestion for me to try was to download the update………ummm………yep did that and no didn’t solve anything. My workaround is to use layer masks in photoshop.

Hoping some day this is resolved. Planning on upgrading my computer soon…….gee…….wonder if any of those plug ins will work on a new computer. Good Luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue here. I have message Dox so many times and even Adobe but no resolution yet. I have no idea what to do with this situation. I am sure that so many people raised this issue by now, but no one knows the solution yet... it very frustrating 😒 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue as the original post.  I just downloaded NIK for the first time today and am having nothing but problems with PS.  I keep getting that same error message.  I am thinking I will get NIK off of my computer, stop the free trial and get back to editing the old fashioned way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  Just downloaded NIK and my PS is running slower than ever and I keep getting the error message click "discard" or "apply" to return to PS normal functionality.  I am really frustrated.  I have liked what I have done so far using the NIK download, but am ready to ask for a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines