• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes and Layer effects slower with every release!!

Enthusiast ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I asked this earlier too, but without any answers. Have Adobe team noticed that working with shapes and working with layer effects is getting slower and slower, like your machine is struggling to to the simplest things. Today, I would presonally say that this is the single worst part of Photoshop which should be adressed asap. Working with shapes and layer effects today is so slow that I try to avoid using it, which is a shame, and it was not like this a couple of years back. 
The most tragic thing is that even the online web version of Photoshop : https://www.photopea.com/ : is like 10x faster with the same stuff - through a browser!!! Shouldn't this raise a concern and something to consider if it can be improved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines