• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SHIFT key act like stucked after pressing Alt + Shift.

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop has this bug for a year now, try everything but can't fix it. 
After I used Alt + Shift to move layers, the shift key acted like it's stuck and Layer blend mode changed to the hard mix. I have to press the SHIFT key a few times again to make it stop.
Sometimes only press Alt + Shift also makes Layer Blend mode changed to Hard mix.
I tried reinstalling photoshop, installing different versions  (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021), remove Wacom's driver, reset preferences, different keyboards... nothing worked.

Please help, I'm so desperate. I had to change Blend mode back to normal every time I use Alt + Shift move.
I'm using Windows 10.

P/s: Sorry I'm too frustrated to download a screen recorder program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022
You use EVkey percussion, so you must be Vietnamese.
I realized this when this error only happens to Vietnamese people :).
Please open the settings of the EV key.
In the "Shortcuts" section. there is an option called "Word Recovery Key".
Untick , save, and now you can use it side-by-side with pts without any problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without watching your video: if you want to move layer on top then press Ctrl + Shift + ] not Alt. From my testing Alt + Shift alone does not change blend mode, while Alt + Shift + letter like S does change and that is normal, standard shortcut.

If your goal is to duplicate layer by dragging it use only Alt without Shift key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why it's a bug not a function, I used Alt + Shift move to duplicate layer and move them in a straight path. And somehow it turned the duplicated layer's blend mode to Hard mix. And then Photoshop acted like the Shift key is stuck (Use scroll mouse to navigate at x2 speed while not pressing Shift, Ctrl + I = Ctrl Shift I, etc...).
Just watch my video and you know what I am talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, this looks strange. I can imagine you're desperate now that this is going on for a year! 

I read that you have already tried most of the standard solutions like resetting preferences...

Another thing is: the shortcuts for changing Blend Modes are also connected to Shift-Alt. So: Hard Mix, for example is connected to the shortcut Shift-Alt-L. However, because you already changed keyboards, I guess the problem isn't a stuck L or Shift key. 

I also found another topic about Wacom drivers causing this problem. Have you already tried to install an older driver at this page: Drivers | Wacom

I hope this somehow helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that one, but that driver is only found for macOS. Unfortunately I'm using Windows 10. I tried installing the oldest Wacom driver but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, strange. Have you already tried to uninstall the Wacom driver and completely disconnect the Wacom tablet from your computer? Just to see if the Wacom is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, even used Your Uninstaller to completely remove the driver. Still no result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, strange, indeed.

Does it happen if you hold Shift first?

I can't help but think that it does sound like it is an accessibility feature of Win10...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still happens when I hold shift first. But it only happens in Photoshop so I don't think it's a Windows 10 feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In explorer, if you select two non-contiguous files, does it select everything in between?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Sticky Keys" and "Toggle Keys" turned on? You can turn these settings off from Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the explorer question: It does not select everything between.
And I have Sticky Key and Toggle Keys all turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use EVkey percussion, so you must be Vietnamese.
I realized this when this error only happens to Vietnamese people :).
Please open the settings of the EV key.
In the "Shortcuts" section. there is an option called "Word Recovery Key".
Untick , save, and now you can use it side-by-side with pts without any problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!! Thank you so much. Cảm ơn nhiều đồng hương, bị bao lâu mà ko biết 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Trung Duc2416941798gg for the detective work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work for me, cam ơn bạn 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cảm ơn bạn rất nhiều, tìm mãi mới thấy giải pháp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's why no one figured this out, must be Vietnamese. Thank you. It's been 3 years since I posted this and I didn't know that there was a solution. But somehow EVKey disable this by default so it's no longer a problem for me since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines