• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Subject = I can not open images in EITHER PS 2017 or 2021 after installing update

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks; big problems here. I trusted in Adobe to deliver a product and downloaded and installed the 2021 version of Photoshop. I'm a Lightroom user and PS is my external editor. Nothing but crashes Every. Single. Time I export to edit. So I installed the recent v22.2 (amusingly, 'to address crashes'). Nope. So I uninstalled and tried to work using the 2017 version I was 'smart' enough to keep on installing 2021......

Nope.

Oh and I should also mention - I cannot even open images by SOLELY launching ONLY Photoshop (2017). It's gone completely to ____.

Guess I may have to uninstall and then what.....try to find a working version of 2017 to get me going again? 

PC, Windows 10 64 user.

Looking for anyone who is experiencing similar problems and any solutions available. As you can imagine, a photographer with clients to deliver to who is now unable to...use Photoshop... is a bit problematic. Client counts on the service provider to deliver. Kinda sounds like...... client counting on app provider to deliver. 

Crossing fingers.

Thanks.

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 worked 3 days ago on my PC. The app will open but the images will not. I unchecked and checked the graphics processor. Looked at legacy compositing, etc. All the fixes on the net. WTH? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After all that hassle, I uninstalled and reinstalled PS 2021 and it is working now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines