• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skip "Some of the the type layers in this document were rasterized because an error prevented them from being read" dialog on app.open

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using app.open to load files into photoshop, but these files are generated by another program and gives the error "Some of the the type layers in this document were rasterized because an error prevented them from being read" on loading the document.

I have tried:

app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;

But this seems to not apply to documents that are not open yet. How can I skip this dialog?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of throwing a useful exception when reading partially or totally corrupt files, app.open() has a nasty habit of popping up annoying error messages (from a scripting POV). There's not a whole lot you can do about it from inside PS. On Windows, you can use AutoHotKey to look for and deal with these error dialogs and there is probably some way of doing the same thing on OS X.

Of course, there may be sekrit codez that I don't know about that work around this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply xbytor2,

Hopefully someone can help me figure out what Konami-derived codes I need to put in to get things working for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour

You can use

try

catch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Dominique,

However putting the app.open call in a try catch still shows the dialog and pauses all javascript processing until the dialog is dismissed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theerapun173@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines