• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 138 - Disturbing the peace!

Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a quiet summer afternoon in the village of Staithes, North Yorkshire. Nothing can disturb the peace, until.............................    Well that is for you to decide 🙂

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW138Staithes.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for the tide

The Steeas Beck Beast

Click/RightClick to get closer, or Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

feels like someone is watching me... nice one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pleased you have used the correct pronunciation Jacob 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deathstarYorkshire.jpg

It's a quiet summer afternoon in the village of Staithes, North Yorkshire. Nothing can disturb the peace, until The Empire arrived.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Theskichick Hi, and welcome to SFTW 🙂

I am sure @Trevor.Dennis will be along shortly with lasers et al !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, is this a regular Friday thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Is this a regular thing'

Hi, 

I put something up every couple of weeks. Everyone is welcome to join in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to take a close look before I saw the Death Star lurking in the upper atmosphere, but I don't think it presents a threat to the locals.  For a start off that is clearly one of the later versions of The Enterprise in semi-cloak mode between the surface and Death Star.

SFTW-138-Enterprise.gif

But even if The Federation have to dash off to confront some rascally Romulans, The Empire would be no match for Ecky Thump

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha both very good. That Tie Fighter does look fairly legit. I took part in this fun idea because I live in the next county to Yorkshire and thought they could have all the sci-fi destruction. Got a new idea today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Trevor, hit them with a black pudding. That would restore the peace  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clue Dave. Took me a moment to see it 🙂

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serengeti comes to North Yorkshire 😀

SFTW138Staithes1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - you're back with a vengeance Ged, there's a lot going on in that one! I hope things have settled down a bit at work now 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can blame @Trevor.Dennis for the above, he mentioned he missed my bizarre 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winner!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh this is excellent, I feel the that the Seal may be a bit far from home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does Ged.  I mean what else would we expect to see there? 😉    Blimey, you've got a lot going on matey.  It's a toss up between the crocodiles and the cobra for my favourite.   I will just say that those animals are taking a chance.  They'll eat _anything_ oop north!  Dave recently told Jane and myself what he would be mostly eating if his wife was away, and I'm still needing therapy to get over it. [shudder!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Dave recently told Jane and myself what he would be mostly eating if his wife was away, and I'm still needing therapy to get over it. [shudder!]

Not a single item of which is available in the U.S. due to our health department regulations, if I recall correctly, but I hope Dave got to eat them anyway. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis what is this mysterious food you speak of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black pudding, haggis, heart, liver.......

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just the normal Sunday lunch then Dave, could be worse, deep fried Mars Bars yum yum 😁

DeepFriedMarsBar.jpg

Deep fried insects in Thailand was one of my favourite snacks, not to everyones taste but quite nice all the same

eating-insects_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you mean breakfast 😉

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep looking at your animals, @Ged_Traynor. I never saw a seal when I backpacked in the Serengeti, but that may be because they live in salt water, with the one exception of yours, who seems happy in fresh water 😊 !

The zebras travelled with the giraffes, and when we came face-to-face with them walking in opposite directions on the trail, all parties stopped and stared for several minutes until the giraffes took a sudden turn and the zebras followed. I never saw a cobra.

The crocodiles and hippos lived in the same pond and we were told the hippos were much more dangerous than the crocs. If you could add a hippo, it would be perfect!

Glad to have you back, Ged, and I hope things have settled down at work.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jane-e 

The Serengeti trip is something I've always wanted to do, it's on my bucket list that along with getting up close and personal to an active volcano.

Work wise we still have only have about 40% of the systems back up and running but we're getting there, it could be another couple of weeks before we finally have everything back to normal.

Oh and the Serengeti animals in my head are slightly different than reality as you may have guessed 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines