• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 140 - On course !

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nice and quiet here at the "Something for the weekend" 18th hole, but what happens next? Well that's up to you to show us. Meanwhile, I'll wait at the 19th................. 🙂

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below at its full pixel size, and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW140GolfCourseRender.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I haven't.

Is this deemed to be a good practice?

If I post on Twitter or other public spaces a link to such media on FB or YT or such,

I don't ordinarily go to that space and post a link back to my Tweet.

The poster on YT gets the traffic and views that they create the videos for?

What's the concensus view here please 🙂

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great video. A TV show Holey Moley has started in Australia, a evrsion of the US one. I much prefer the Mini Masters.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RdT6NdAk7Q 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW140GolfCourse-JLEntry.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JainLemos_0-1625940109623.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy days 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your hanger from the previous SFTW, too. And your happy face is on the side of the golf cart, lol. I used a brush to make the golf balls but the long thin shadows are still a challenge for me. Great to practice! If only I had all weekend...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A small tip. When adding shadows, make sure they follow the same angle as those already in the picture e.g. in this case from the golf bag or the flag pole. It will look more natural that way.  If you paint with black on an empty layer, set to the multiply blend mode,  you can adjust the opacity to match those existing shadows. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for that, Dave! Yea, I now see I angled the billboard sign and got the shadows going that way, only to keep using those shadows as my guide instead of the flag pole and bag. Live and learn! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternate Golf Game

SFTW140GolfCourse JE2.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice touch putting the second cue in the golf bag Jane !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm wrote:

A small tip. When adding shadows, make sure they follow the same angle as those already in the picture...

If you have thoughts on my shadow too, Dave, I'd love to hear them. 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea Jane. Simple and very effective. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The 18th"

SFTW140GolfCourseRender-WarUnicorn.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The combination of rock (or is it crumpled paper) and fabric textures work well in that image James 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW140GolfCourseRender(nyx).jpg

-Onyx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Onyx.  I'd like to think that those clubs belong to a certain ex-President so we could tell him 'You've been fired!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor! This is my grandchild's first venture in Photoshop. Here is the flag before warping and adding the folds from a tutorial.

~ Jane

aot flag.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another young mind falls down the rabbit hole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job Onyx and welcome to SFTW! I see the Survey Corps have been here. I like the way you have added smoke as well as flames 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late entry. I hear golfers will go out rain or shine.

SFTW140GolfCourseRenderRain.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it Dean, but Dave wouldn't recognise that as rain.  It has to be nearer the horizontal before he realises what he is looking at. 🙂

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sydney isn't getting that rain today but definitely the wind. 

Slight adjustment to your image Tevor.

image2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha,

You sparked something off there Dean. I like the bent over trees in the last one. If the wind and rain gets much stronger I might need to take a coat! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are making these images in jest, but the reality is not so different.  Dave mentioned enjoying some sunshine recently, while the UK Met Office was issuing an Extreme Heat warning.  Where I live, the top of the South Island has just had the highest rainfall in a short period since records began, and while the flooding was bad, it was not as bad as it might have been because of extensive work on hundreds of kilometres of stop-bank (what we call levees).  Western USA has experienced the highest temperatures on record and at least 170 people have died in flooded Germany.  You don't expect figures like those in First World countries where they have the infrastructure to withstand the worst of extreme weather, and the capacity to rescue those affected by it.

If this is a pattern that will be repeated over and over going forward, you have to worry about our young folk who will have to deal with the consequences 50 plus years from now, and beyond.

image.png

Hmmm, there might be an upside...

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines