• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 91 - Can't see the wood for the trees !

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the last couple of weekends, we have had a jail scene and a shopping scene. But with lockdown around the world, I thought that for this week we should escape to the countryside.

So, I have made a cabin in the woods. It is all CGI and created and rendered in Blender 3D, with Adobe Substance used for texturing.

Now the scene is set, what will you do with it? What story will you tell with your edited image?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC colour profile (sRGB), hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

SFTW91Woods.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beautiful, Dave!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane. In the 3D world, just like in Bob Ross' paintings, you get to decide where everything lives 🙂

davescm_0-1588327833111.png

For those who are interested in 3D, it used :
- Particle systems for grass, trees and flowers.

- Fluid simulation for smoke
- Volume scatter for haze

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to look that up to see what it meant Jacob. Our New Zealand colleagues may cotton on quicker. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

As soon as I saw the wood, so fine and full of light, I came to think of New Zealand woodland as seen in the railbiking (SFTW69) and elsewhere; and last time I saw the sign, I knew I had to use it in SFTW one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW91Woods-Edit.jpg

Life in the farm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking us back to the old days Rafael, although I wasn't sure whether the girl at the front was tapping into a smart phone. I do now know where Jane got her eggs from last week - the giant chicken on the left 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, Dave! I hadn't thought about a smart phone but I hope she wouldn't waste time with that in such a lovely outdoor setting! The figure on the left is supposed to be smoke coming from a fire the two kids are tending to. Maybe they are cooking the chicken? 😆😆🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops now I see the fire - I did think it was a chicken though. Too much red wine tonight 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about having my watermark on this post - after all, it is mostly your great CGI! I forgot that my export preset puts it on automatically. I would be happy to re-post it without it if you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not a chicken, then where did I get the eggs last week? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nature walks

91-rendor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those Fuse characters Graham?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but the insects are from Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, your lovely woodscape made me feel romantic.

Week091.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“All it takes is faith and trust . . . ”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice moonlight Rista 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm said: "In the 3D world, just like in Bob Ross' paintings, you get to decide where everything lives"

Bob Ross would love all of your happy trees, Dave!

I added a few of my favorite yellow wildflowers to your blue ones. They get a bad rap when they grow in yards, but when you really look at them, they are truly beautiful.

 

SFTW91Woods JE.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad someone is making use of the cabin Jane. I hope the dog keeps an eye on the rucksack, you never know who is about.

As for the yellow flowers, I've got some of those in my lawn - definitely weeds there ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we quote with the current forum software?  Dave, your 'keeping an eye on the rucksack' comment got me thinking about the New Zealand Kea.  I have done most of the South Island big walks, and we were constantly reminded to be careful what we left outside because the Kea would nick it, or if too big to carry away, they get inside and nick the contents.  I've heard stories of hiking boots getting dragged away, and the handlebar grips pecked off mountain bikes.

I love the wee dog Jane.  I imagine that such an idyllic scene would find away to be free of midges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing bad will ever happen in this scene, guys! No evil folks will wander in, no Keas will steal my boots, and no pesky midges. All is peaceful and calm and happy. 😊
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets all play spot the animals. I hope there are at least two elephants behind the cabin. If not, that is one long elephant 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Dave.

Anyone wishing to have a closer look can RightClick and see full size; I ususally post at about 1500 px in width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines