• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spinning wheel when i start Photoshop on macOS 11.4

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, at the moment whenever I open Photoshop the colourful spinning wheel automatically appears and is permanently stuck on it. I have reinstalled Photoshop twice, force quit Photoshop about 20 times and the spinning wheel is still coming up. The spinning wheel comes up if i open up a psd file as well if i go onto the loading screen for photoshop. I am on a Macbook Pro version 11.4 and have only used up about 1/5 of the storage on the computer as it is about a month old. It would be great if someone could help me fix this as i need it for basically all my uni projects which are due in less than a week. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the experience with Photoshop on your Mac (Mac 11.4). Did you start facing this issue after the latest update? If yes, have you tried re-installing the app to check if that helps?

Please ensure that you have Photoshop 2021 added to the Accessibility list for macOS by going to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then selecting the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left. If you don't see Photoshop 2021 in the list, you can ass it by unlocking the window using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking on the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Akash

No none of this worked, in fact i had already tried all of these suggestions before through looking at similar problems other users had experienced. These issues were present before the latest update and as i mentioned in my post i had already uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times before and after the update yet the problem is still there. I also can't access the photoshop preferences because when i go into photoshop the spinning wheel comes up immediately and also appears when you go onto the top navigation bar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that Photoshop is not working and it freezes when you try to access the  app preferences.

Does the app work in the root user account on your Mac? To know how to use the root user account, see: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues.  Mac / Photoshop 22.4.2 / macOS 11.4.  I was getting the spinning wheel and all black window. After applying the Security and Privacy settings above, it got farther - showing more (see attached screenshot), but still spinning wheel, and no responsiveness. I've uninstalled, removed the entire contents of the preferences folder. No joy. Previoiusly Photoshop has worked fine for 2+ years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downgraded to PS 22.2.0.  Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines