• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sports Photo manipulation help desired.

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Let me first off apologize if im posting this to the wrong forum perhaps you could point me in teh right direction. Thank you

Recently ive been coming across a type of photo manipulation on you tube i find myself stuck to no ends attempting to duplicate. The vast majority of the time i see it is on thumbnail previews for you tube sports videos.  I actually did ask a couple of  channel owners who just laughed . Im thinking there thought was why would i willingly give you my technique. I was able to do a couple of screen shots pertaining to the type of  pics im referreing tosince they were only thumbs i blew up this was the best quality i could get.

P.s I tried the camera raw filter with little luck and i dont know if there using a specific action im just stuck any help or advice would be tremedous thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome, Charlie. This is a great place to ask how to create an effect. 🙂

Here's one way you could create it starting with this Adobe Stock image from the Free Collection that you can download to your machine: female-athlete-long-jumping

1. Open the image
  2. In the Layers panel, click on the lock on the Background layer to turn it into a regular layer
  3. In the Properties panel (Window > Properties), in the Quick Actions section, click Remove Background
  4. Go to Layer > Layer Style > Stroke and in the Stroke options on the right of the Layer Style dialog, set the following attributes:
    • Size: 16 pt (or adjust as needed)
    • Position: Outside
    • Blend Mode: Normal
    • Opacity: 100%
    • Fill Type: Color
    • Color: White (click on it to get the Color Picker to select white)
  5. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Gradient... and click OK
  6. In the Gradient Fill dialog, click on the Gradient ramp to open the Gradient Editor
  7. Twirl open the Oranges folder and select Orange_05 (or whichever one you like or modify the color stops of this one) and click OK and click OK to close both dialogs
  8. In the Layers panel, drag the Gradient Fill 1 layer below the athlete
  9. Crop it as needed
  10. File > Save to save it as a PSD file (so you can edit the layers later) and File > Save a Copy or File > Export to save it as a flattened version in a different format or size as needed

Femaleathletelongjumping.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey i appreciate it. I hadnt anticipated such detailed advice. Im going totry that tonight. Than you Myra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines