• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop PS from Opening in Quick Mask Mode

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently PS has started opening with Quick Mask selected. This creates all sorts of issues with functionality that take me too long to resolve. After experiencing this numerous times I may be smart enough now to know how to fix.

How do I keep this from happening?

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Hi @DaBrownCO 

The first thing to check is that you are not in Quick Mask when you quit. Try to pay attention to see if you might be pressing Q for Quick Mask instead of Command+Q for Quit.

If that's not happening, you may need to reset Preferences: Prefs > General > Reset Prefs on Quit after backing up any customization.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaBrownCO 

The first thing to check is that you are not in Quick Mask when you quit. Try to pay attention to see if you might be pressing Q for Quick Mask instead of Command+Q for Quit.

If that's not happening, you may need to reset Preferences: Prefs > General > Reset Prefs on Quit after backing up any customization.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane. See my note below to Ali. This was exactly the issue.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @DaBrownCO , happy to help.

Check to see if your MacBook Pro is on this list for keyboard repairs:

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

If not, there are a couple of solutions for stuck keys that you can find on Google. I haven't tried any, though.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to reset your preferences to restore to defaults there is no such thing which you are saying to select quick mask selected in start.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ali,

During my bout of insomnia last night, I figured out that the problem is an operator error. I think I may have a sticky key on my Macbook Pro so when I hit CMD-Q, the CMD is not always entered. Thus, when I finally do close Photoshop, the Quick Mask is still activated.

Thanks for your help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue seams to be. useing Comand Q to leave the Photoshop Application Just like you would for any other Mac Application But No Adobe has desided that Comand Q should put you into Qick mask edit. But I am sure that they will spin it so it looks like your fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines