• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Straighten tool not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working from a book.  I had to select the crop tool and then select the straighten tool from the options bar.  I did and made a line across the photo and nothing happened.  I tried 30 or 50 times at this point and it worked the ~10th time I tried.  The picture slanted a little.  But I don't know why.  Then it went back to not working.

I opened the file as a Name.tif file.  Then saved it as a Name.psd file.  Then selected crop and tried to straighten.

Help please.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I got it.  To make the line straight, I tried to get the ending point to be 0.0  When I just eyeball it, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultq7mrj3cu1q98 wrote:

Okay, I got it.  To make the line straight, I tried to get the ending point to be 0.0  When I just eyeball it, it works.

When a line has a 0° angle for the rotation, it does not move. You need to find something you want to be straight, such as a horizon or window frame, and draw across that. I'm glad it's working for you now.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines