• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Resolution in Photoshop and Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both LR and PS, the super resolution feature works only sporadically. Approx 50% - 60% of the time it does not work. It goes through the process when I click and processes for 5-10 minutes but then - nothing. No enhanced file is generated.

System info is as follows:

Acer Aspire TC-780. 24 GB of RAM
CPU: Intel i5-6400 @2.70 GHz.
Windows build 10.0.19041.

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 w/ 2 GB of memory.

Both LR and PS recognize the graphics card although the super resolution feature seems to use the CPU not the graphics card. The CPU is pegged at 100% when I try to do super res.

Anyone have a similar issue or know of a fix?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That GPU barely satisfies the current requirements.

How does it look if you expand "use graphics processor" like this? You should have the second option available too.

ACR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if your screenshot is PS or LR?  Here's is mine in LR.  The "Use GPU for image processing" box is grayed out.  Could that fave something to do with it?  Thanks.

TSpencer_0-1624810838018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screenshot is from ACR. They are independent and set independently, but look the same.

Yes, you should ideally have that second checkbox. It confirms all GPU functions are available and ready. As I understand it super resolution should still work, but it will be very slow and probably erratic. It seems reasonable that it pegs all your cores at 100% - this is a very compute-intensive operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines