• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The command set is NEVER available.

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg im really really hoping someone can set. I imagine its something simplae but ive been stuckk for days. Ive been attempting to play this "Hyperstorm action". And im forever stuck when i hit play with " Command set not available. However i should back up. Ive been following a tutorial on you tube of this guy preforming the exact same action. I made sure my image is RGB  check 8 bit  check. I made sure to duplicate as he did in the layers pannel option.

However in following his steps prior to hitting play there was one thing i was unable to duplicate what he did ( see sttached first image). After filling in the image he hovered over brush ( unfortanetly the video has no audio) and his image goes from red to black and then the select is gone. I tried doing the exact same thing except for if i right click ? The menu bar comes up. If i left click the layer option box came up. So i continued on and just manually deselted the image and hit play.

Then i get  "The commad select is currently not available" followed by a cascade of various things in the action bar. I just cant understand what im doing wrong. Thanks anyone please.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you contact Graphic River, the developer of that action?

Hyperstorm Photoshop Action

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt think to. Ive tried a few different actions in the past with the exact same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you're not using actions correctly.

Did you carefully read the accompanying documentation?

Did you unlock the image layer by double-clicking on it?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image is not locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this his image? It appears that he: selected the runner > jumped it to its own layer > used the Brush tool to paint the selection with red (the Brush tool is still chosen.) It doesn't look like the images was deselected yet.

Is this what your layers panel looks like now?

2A09FD0A-B5B5-4E56-8A89-C4200D182D66.jpeg

Is the video public? If so, post a link.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't manually deselect. He didn't.

07D4BCA9-1F59-4A13-8E09-268DA438C911.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case then i have zero idea what he did. Essentially his cursor was just hovering over the word brush as ive indicated in previous pics and the OS image turned black then it deselected and then he moved away from the word. Ive tried right clicking as ive said before and it just brings up an options menu and i tried left clicking and it just brings up the layer menu so unles this guys a PS magician i have no idea what he did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did he make a layer mask? Does he click any buttons at the bottom of the layers panel?

If you can't link to the video, then show a screen shot of his layers panel when it turns black.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed every step he made to the letter until he got to 2:40 and then i have zero idea what he did. You ll see he cleraly has the word brush highlighted and then the image turns from red to black and then its deselected. Ive tried right clicking and left clicking which accomplish neither. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which command in action is the error occurring? You wrote a lot, but you didn't even provide a screenshot about it. Also in the video (I saw the same video as you?) You had to load some brushes, and the layer should be called BODY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean i didnt provide any screebn shots in my first post thats incorrect i posted one. ANd in the ensuing conversation ive had with others ive posted 4-5 screen shots. So your going to have to be more specific as to what your looking for instead of just saying you posted no screen shots thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaaaa.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just told that i shouldnt manually deselect the image. So if thats where the hang up is it would make little matter what the after effects error would be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrow indicates where to click. Sorry, I don't understand English well, but you don't understand very well what I'm asking of you. Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any  " Possitive solutions" you would like to suggest id appreciate it. Otherwise good day sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Charlie5CCF 

I found the video and he goes fast! Here are a couple of things I saw:

When he creates the layer he says to call it "BODY" and to use all caps. I suspect the action is looking for a layer called "BODY" and yours has a different name. That would make the action fail, so you need to call your layer "BODY" instead of "Brush".

E68B8D98-BDE2-414A-BB4B-9E5EDFEA54C2.jpeg

He stays on the BODY layer and uses the Pen tool in the Shape mode to trace an outline of the person. In the Layers panel, the Fill is set to 2% as he is working so he can see what he is doing. When he is finished, he changes the Fill to 100%.

You said you manually deselected the image, but he never made a selection. He drew on the BODY layer with the Pen tool in Shape mode. You need to do the same thing, as the action is looking for a Shape layer.

05BF33F9-C8BE-460A-A38C-C196886DC3EF.jpeg

He goes to the Brush tool and sets the options. I imagine this is a brush he provides. The size is 714 px. The note says confirm Opacity of 100% and Blend mode of Normal.

18BD34F9-136F-4351-8193-82B91A1ADF3C.jpeg

He says to Disable Pressure Option in two places in the options bar. The blue arrow points to the places.

F119499F-08EB-44B8-B953-6445FB4D2B0B.jpeg

D9BFD145-465B-4427-955A-C6E643E941A5.jpeg

He does not use the Brush. The next step is to play the action.

I had to keep stopping the video because the written directions are on screen very briefly and at the same time he is doing other things, so they are easy to miss!

I did not keep watching after it says to play the action, so let me know if this part helps or if you have more questions.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jane it all have to give it a go here after diner but i just wantedto let you know i apreciate your help and you poited out a couple of things it looks like i may have misunderstood. Again awesome of you to take a moment out of your day to explain!! I can be mentally challenged (think thats the pc expression) at times...lol. Have a good evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Charlie5CCF . I have some other things to do, but will check back.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He already told you by posting big sceenshot with descripted area what to do to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When r-bin wanted to help the easiest way to localize problem Charlie5CCF didn't cooperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines