• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The function “Editing smart vector object" become another function-“import pdf”!!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use photoshop cc2018, several days ago, i installed cc2019, and uninstall it later. Then, i found a problem of my cc2018.

When i want to edit the smart vector object, No matter i double click the smart vctor object layer icon, or I right click to select "edit contents", then a pop-up windows will jump out, which the function is "import pdf". Who can tell me why, how can i deal with it! Thanx!

!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

The only thing I know of the Adobe call vector smart objects are placed  Illustrator file like  .AI I and .SVG files.   These File types are not supported by Photoshop and if you  open them with Photoshop the will be resterized like other file types the are not supported natively by Photoshop like EPS and PDF file the will not be vector objects in Photoshop they will be pixels layers.  If your smart vector object are not opening in AI it may  be because the File Association for  extension .AI an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I know of the Adobe call vector smart objects are placed  Illustrator file like  .AI I and .SVG files.   These File types are not supported by Photoshop and if you  open them with Photoshop the will be resterized like other file types the are not supported natively by Photoshop like EPS and PDF file the will not be vector objects in Photoshop they will be pixels layers.  If your smart vector object are not opening in AI it may  be because the File Association for  extension .AI and .SVG are not longer associated with Illustrator.  If they are opening in Photoshop the could alsi be a bug in CC 2019.

In CC 2019 if I open a .svg file it is rasterized via a different dialog

However Photoshop doe rasterize .AI file via Import PDF

I can not tell on my machine I do not install Illustrator I do not know how to use it.

However, on my machins it looks like Phtoshop CC 2019 set .AI file associations to  Photoshop CC 2019 but ,svg are associated with Microsoft's Internet exvlorer IE

Place .svg opject open in IE and places .ai objed open in PS cc 2019 via Import PDF.  I feel it may be a bug in Adobe PS install process.

I may have changeg my .svg association  Photoshop CC 2019 may have been set it one of the options

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JJMack.

As you said, the problem occur because i uninstall the cc2019, and the .ai files don't associate to cc2018 automatically, so it be opened by ps itself. After I associate the .ai to Illustrator cc2018, the problem go away. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used an Adobe uninstall in years.  I have always has problems when I used them.  Now I just delete the independent Application version folders  none the common folders. I may also wipe the un-install registry key.  I do not let an Adobe uninstaller mess with my windows registry the have problems.  I do no think the check if the key the are replacing contains what the installed set or check what the set the keys to are valid point to application still install.  The uninstallers just whacks registry without checking anything.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines