• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ICC color profile of this document is incompatable with the Camera Raw Filter

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is the message I keep getting after I open a new Raw image and want to go into Camera Raw. The rest of the message says,,,, Convert document to another profile to apply the Camera Raw Filter. Can anyone help with this? These are images that are just pend up into PS and no editing has been done yet since I use Camera Raw before I do anything else.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what is the embedded document profile?

Describe exactly what you do, step by step. The camera raw filter is for rendered RGB files, not raw files. So what you're saying doesn't really make any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well sorry its not making sense!! I open up PS then I open a file that I want to edit, then I copy my background, then I go to camera raw as I always have and this message pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are using the ACR filter on an RGB file already open in Photoshop - not the ACR raw converter on a raw file? This distinction is important!

What is the embedded profile?

profile_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to find that I did however just get my computer back from getting looked over and some memory installed so I am not sure if they did something with that or not. I did go to edit tab and went to assign profile clicked on the working RGB which wasn't selected and also set the bottom selection to Adobe RGB. It is working now and goes right into camera raw when prompted. I don't know how to tell you any of the other technical issues that you are asking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess it works only when it wants I just opened an image and I got the same message again. Feeling frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not difficult to find out what the embedded document profile is. I would really like to know what it is.

Open Edit > Convert to Profile and post a screenshot of it. Don't do anything! Just post it here.

convert.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. My image profile was set to a CMYK space instead of RGB.

Open > Edit > Convert to Profile

Mine was set Working CMYK Profile under destination space, changed it to Working RGB and the filter started working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literrally all you have to do. Not sure what D Fosse was struggling with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's your problem, specifically? Troubleshooting is difficult when nobody gives any relevant information, even after being asked for it. We can't read minds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a disappointing and arrogant way to behave towards somebody who clearly has limited experience. Don't contribute to the answers if you only want to belittle somebody for your own ego. Given that you could only be rude and disrespectful, I assume you just wanted to appear to know what you are talking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a disappointing and arrogant way to behave towards somebody who clearly has limited experience. Don't contribute to the answers if you only want to belittle somebody for your own ego. Given that you could only be rude and disrespectful, I assume you just wanted to appear to know what you are talking about. 

By @CTS People

Wow, took you five years to find your way here and comment? 

Now let's look at his contributions here and yours, side by side:

Helpful histroyHelpful histroyAnd Not...And Not...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! 19336 comments tearing down other users, impressive feet! I am sure every recipient of that bully-like behaviour also felt like it was helpful. You make a relevant point. I see your cape blowing in the wind now, soring in with xray vision..... although, I accessed this to show a student I am tutoring how to resolve their own problem, had to scroll through all the negative comments... as this platform is for help and for experts to give help, my opinion on conduct is still relevant. So how much I contribute from THIS account means nothing. But keep watching carefully, there may be more late comments that you can pop out of the shadows like a cockroach and make useless points about. You will always be my hero. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You being so new here appear to believe trolling and character assassination are allowed in the forums. They are not. 

“...impressive feet!”? 😂

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't, as you might see by the original comment. Easy question, easy answer, no need for all the rudeness around it. Hence my comment. Anyway, enjoy your day. It's been emotional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't, as you might see by the original comment. Easy question, easy answer, no need for all the rudeness around it. Hence my comment. Anyway, enjoy your day. It's been emotional. 

By @CTS People

@D Fosse posed an »easy question« (»what is the embedded document profile?«) and was not given a meaningful answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say, even almost 5 years later this was the most helpful comment! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with DFosse,

we forum volunteers are here to help, but can only do that with a decent amount of info about your issue/s. 

screenshots [embedded in the text, not attached] and a step by step on what's going wrong would be a big help 

help us to help you

neilB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^^^ Completely agree neilB and DFosse! The original poster's message wasn't detailed and didn't include pertinent information that would really help forum volunteers even begin to understand where to start troubleshooting the problem. And knowing the person's embedded profile would've been a helpful bit of info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rhiannon,

one day, one day - we can only hope

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, but I followed your suggestions, and the profile was set to Apple. I just changed the profile to sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valid question.  I have had this happen as well.

Go to "Image" - "Mode" - make sure you have RGB Color checked off and 32 bits/channel also checked.  That should allow you to open and use Camera Raw Filter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valid question.  I have had this happen as well.

Go to "Image" - "Mode" - make sure you have RGB Color checked off and 32 bits/channel also checked.  That should allow you to open and use Camera Raw Filter

By @Amy32467472uxgd

The Camera Raw Filter works on 8bit RGB and 16bit RGB images, too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue when I wanted to take images from my iPhone into camera raw. HEIC files. It's very annoying. I do not remember having to do that before. Maybe an update change? Would love some feedback myself. I have been editing images and using camera raw for that purpose for years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines