tops of images/graphics/text are cut off in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a weird problem that started somewhere in the last few updates to Photoshop CC.

I do a lot of GIF'd party flyers. For some reason, Photoshop is slicing off the top of my graphics & occasionally text boxes. The only fix is if I move the image and then drag it back in place. It's as if there is an invisible boundary box that is cutting off the top of certain text boxes/graphic/etc.

Example:

circle graphic that is cut off:

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 2.04.31 AM.png

same graphic, just moved and then placed back in the same location:

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 2.04.51 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Deleted User
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018
HiTry enabling this option and restarting Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option and restarting Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! cannot thank you enough

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, glad you got it sorted

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged

I tried restarting twice after clicking legacy compositing and it's still not working?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue, but it says there no longer is the option to enable Legacy Compositing! Super frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! 

Adobe any thoughts to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud allows you to go back to a previous version of Photoshop. Click on the 3 dots at the right hand side and then "Other Versions" and you can select how far back you want to go. I went back to v.22.0 and this problem was resolved. I'll wait for Adobe to sort things out before updating again.Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 17.18.59.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not worked for me it is still cutting off my text and I was hoping to use a certain font. It's making it impossible to finish

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread. Can you tell us what version of Photoshop you're using? Does turning the GPU off help? (If the latter, try updating the GPU's drivers.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines