• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform needs me to zoom in or out.

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I work with multilayer files and use transform many times per file. It has always worked perfectly. Now, I check the 'show transform' box but no bounding shows. Same for if I go to Edit >Free transform. However, if I check the show transform box then zoom in or out, it shows, and I can make my transform, but can't get rid of the bounding if I want to then resize something else. So I have to zoom in or out again. This is very time consuming, not to mention annoying, when it has always worked perfectly. I have closed out PS, updated, rebooted, turned cartwheels, but nothing helps.  Upon typing this, I went back to a file and now I can't even see the bounding when I zoom or zoom out.  I have opened other files and same with them.  I am leaving the first part of this saga here in case it gives someone a clue. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop is acting weird and inconsistently, a reset of the Preferences is often a good fix. In the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences is the Reset Preferences On Quit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  Nothing worked, so I called the fine folk at Adobe, who lost the call after 20 minutes. The second fellow I spoke to, Pushpendra, was brilliant and, after screen-sharing for a very long time, resetting the prefs, and trying various other things - same old, same old. So he decided to try the latest version (which I have) on his PC. (I have a Mac.) Blessedly, the transform box wouldn't work for him either although, as with me, it worked if you zoomed in or out after trying to check it. So 22.4.2 appears to have a transform bug. He installed an earlier version and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AntoniaAgain wrote:

So 22.4.2 appears to have a transform bug. He installed an earlier version and all is well again.

Hi Antonia,

I'm glad things are working for you now. PS 22.4.2 was released today. What version were you using when you posted three days ago on 5 June 2021?

Also, do you know what version he installed that is working for you? (Photoshop menu > About)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah OK so it was the one before 22.3.1 is what he installed and said to not go beyond this one without first checking with Adobe. He tried out a couple of versions after this so I am assuming they didn't work either. I wasn't watching him as I had to take a phonecall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yikes, let me retype that. It makes no sense.  I don't know what version I was using other than it was later than the 22.3.1 that he installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines