Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Travel monitor for photo editing

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a series of jobs I need to capture and post process on the road.  I'm looking for a good quality "travel" monitor to work along side my laptop.  Something with decent - good resolution, and color accurate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Laptop is a Windows Laptop you can use any good quality  Android or IOS tablet and use spacedesk device driver to attach the table as a second display  via a network connection Wired would best. wireless will also work.  The machine may need to be on the same local network. I do not think you can color calibrate your tablet for Spacedesk driver or for IOS or Android.   I think the color would be the ones IOS or Android support.   There are some small cheap portable displays. However I feel having an IOS or Android tablet is more flexible and no wires are required.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of three options. 

• Very small TVs. They can be affordable and may be available in HD (1920 x 1080) resolution. However, TVs are made for casual consumer TV watching so image quality and color accuracy/gamut may be questionable. Standalone computer monitors are not usually available in travel-friendly sizes. 

• Tablet computer set up with specialized software to make the tablet a second display over a network, like JJMack already said. If you happen to be using recent Mac and an iPad, they work that way out of the box using the Sidecar feature. Another variation is using Luna Display hardware to make an iPad a second wireless display, which was recently upgraded to work with Windows PCs (Macs were already supported). 

• You could also get a field monitor designed for pro video work. Those support HDMI, which many Windows laptops have. They often cost more than a small TV, but several reasons could make them worth it: They are made to be portable and compact, and because they are meant to be field monitors they have a much better chance of being reasonably calibrated to Rec.709 (sRGB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make answers easier for my case, I will be buying a new Mac laptop. I thought about using an iPad, but I might need a newer iPad as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines