• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to replace one color with another

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searched online and tried to follow the directions but doesn't work.

Have an image. The color I want to replace is

HSB: 275 59 98 RGB 189 101 249

and the new color is:

HSB 268 25 100 RGB 221 191 255

But in the Image->Adjustments->Replace color dialog box, the HSB value cannot exceed 100. I don't see how I can switch this to RGB or what else to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RON

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

I made it work. Created a layer after I moved the contrast to 100%. Selected the white area, created a layer from the copy. changed the white to lavender, changed the layer priority to one below and saved it. And it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RC5000 Okay, I'll bite. Change the RGB numbers to what you want them to be and the HSB numbers will follow. From the Image > Adjustments > Replace command, click on the color swatch to open the Color Picker so you can change the numbers. 

JainLemos_0-1625677763112.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But even worse, the color to be replaced seems white but isn't. It an off-white with other faint colors here and there

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RC5000 Hmmm. As you can see, I used the RGB color formula you set out above as the new color to get the lilac shade: 221 191 255. Is that the color formula you are using and you are instead seeing an off white color? If you are trying to get to that pure RGB color output, there is no reason to change the HSB formula or sliders. Maybe I'm missing something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So using image->adjustment-brightness/contrast I set the contast to 100. That fixed the varies shades in the white. BUT I still don't see how I can replace the white with the lavender. The color replacement dialog box only lets me input HSB values and the H is limited to 180. Why 180? Doesn't seem to make sense. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's going to be hard to figure out what you are experiencing without seeing the image or layer you are working on. If you are trying to get an RGB formula result then I need to know what you are applying the color to in the first place. Is this an object on a layer? A white area within a photograph or illustration you have masked? A font color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made it work. Created a layer after I moved the contrast to 100%. Selected the white area, created a layer from the copy. changed the white to lavender, changed the layer priority to one below and saved it. And it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great. Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines