Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off path layers

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

When you have an active/highlighted path layer in the Paths Panel, you can turn off/deselect the active/highlighted path layer by clicking in the empty body of the Paths Panel, usually below the path layers. This act leaves no active path layer selected/highlighted.

What do you do when your Paths Panel is completely full of path layers, you've expanded the widow as large as you can, you're using the smallest thumbnails, and there’s no empty body left? How do you turn off/deselect the active/highlighted path layer? 

The only workaround that I've found is to create then delete a new path layer. Ther has to be an easier and quicker way to do this!

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Paths are not Layers. 

One can cmd-click the selected Path to deselect it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paths are not Layers. 

One can cmd-click the selected Path to deselect it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, paths are similarily represented as layers in the paths panel just as layers a re represented in the layers panel, but I do know that they are not actual layers. It was the best way to descibe my problem so that it could be understood. I'm not going to quibble over definitions. But thanks for the answer, as this was what I was searcing for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines