Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool crash...

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM:

Photoshop 2021 v 22.1.0 (Mac Mojave 10.14.6 18G6020) crashes instantly when I choose the type select tool, or open any PSD with type layers.

I have done everything on the help page, twice, without remedy.
- fixed all fonts in Mac OS
- deleted all font caches
- uninstalled Photoshop, re-installed
- ran font text script suggested in help page (no errors)

What’s next? Any other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

I solved the issue -- and many other issues -- by uninstalling version 22.1.0 and re-installing the previous version 22.0.1.

Obviously, Adobe rushed out 22.1.0 without any quality control, given the number of similar reports here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there no Adobe support staff looking in on these reports?

My problem report generated six automated messages granting me "community badges" but not one actual bit of help.

I also spent 3 hours waiting in a chat room that just closed without a peep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the issue -- and many other issues -- by uninstalling version 22.1.0 and re-installing the previous version 22.0.1.

Obviously, Adobe rushed out 22.1.0 without any quality control, given the number of similar reports here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution. I've uninstalled the latest version and tried each version going back to v21. They all have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problème of brutal crash photoshop v. 22.1.0 when open text tool with 
macOS Mojave (v.10.14.6)
Indeed, as said Atomische, after trying everything, re-installing the previous version (22.0.1) was the ultimate solution for me.
I hope Adobe will fix it and we won't stay frozen on v. 22.0.1....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same crash here  22.1   Everything works - Select the type tool and start entering text - instant crash    22.1 has been out for a while.  Come on Adobe, clearly, we aren't the only folks experiencing this problem   This is on one of the latest MacBooks from late 2019 OS Catalina 10.15.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Photoshop. Text/Type Tool. CRASH. Not a happy customer. I could understand if this was FREE software. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue.   It's usually after I start typing that it crashes.  This happens half the time I use the type tool.  Mac.  OS Big Sur v11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No issues like that on this end so it isn't totally an Adobe issuer per se. 

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 

Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 

You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines