Unable to Rasterize EPS Upon opening in Photoshop 22.4.3

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Photoshop, my EPS files are automatically opened up before I can resize them. It was working fine before then. I'm on a macOS Big Sur 11.4

Other computer specs:

Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

RAM: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Is this a bug in the new update or am I doing something improperly with the latest update?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021
Hi This has been reported in several threads. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/cannot-open-eps-file-in-photoshop-index-layer/m-p/12190760 Rolling back to a previous version using the CC app works for now. Please report it as a bug so Adobe will see it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/  ~ Jane

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultfuqptgjel0pc wrote:

After updating Photoshop, my EPS files are automatically opened up before I can resize them. It was working fine before then. I'm on a macOS Big Sur 11.4

Rasterize or resize? Are you placing the EPS files or opening them in Photoshop?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm opening them. Before the update, I was always asked to rasterize the file. Now it's opening as channels and paths.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post one eps and screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible to illustrate what result you get? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gladly! Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.10.43 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please dont clip screenshots to exclude relevant parts. 

I fail to see the Paths. 

Can you provide the eps itself? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
This has been reported in several threads. See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/cannot-open-eps-file-in-photoshop-index-layer/m-p...

Rolling back to a previous version using the CC app works for now.

Please report it as a bug so Adobe will see it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

ABD361F0-F858-4387-AB06-E7E9359CC34B.jpeg
~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug.

More here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/cannot-open-eps-file-in-photoshop/m-p/12189573

This workaround allowed me to open .eps files:

"On windows i have to use File>Open As Generic EPS and on mac highlight the eps file in the photoshop open dialog and select Generic EPS from the Format dropdown menu."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terry5FF7 Thank you! This method is working for me on v.22.4.3 Windows 10 Pro.

JainLemos_1-1626994185185.png

JainLemos_0-1626994033375.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Superstar - solved it thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines