Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported file type

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AB680BC1-8A95-458B-9C55-22650B40C41A.jpeg

Good morning! I get this message when trying to open any image on my iPad (5th gen) from my camera roll.  This was never a problem until this morning .  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop on the iPad 2.0.2 which includes the fix for this issue.

To see what all fixed in the release refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-ipad-fixed-issues

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop for Mobile forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved.. setting had been changed to selected photos not all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please walk me through the setting you changed to get the app to open your file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to the Settings app

2. On th eleft side scroll down to photoshop and select it

3. With Photoshop selected, choose Photos from the right side

4. Change the Allow Photos Access to All Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly right M Shaw..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in iOS settings the Photoshop app isn't there, only Creative Cloud... 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop on the iPad 2.0.2 which includes the fix for this issue.

To see what all fixed in the release refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-ipad-fixed-issues

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the repetition...

This doesn't work for me as in iOS settings the Photoshop app isn't there, only Creative Cloud... 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so weirdly PS just showed up in iOS settings, but now the issue is that photos or camera roll aren't listed at all... see screenshot9AB89FA6-78D5-4896-BA7C-6E3315B0EEE7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cadence,

iOS app settings will only show the access permissions if an app has asked and been granted (or denied) access. For example, my setting don't show camera like yours does, because I've never asked Photoshop to use the camera.

To trigger Photoshop to use Photos, open a new document, then use the place image tool and choose "Photos." This should trigger iOS to pop up a dialog box asking you for permission:

OpenPhoto.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael

Many thanks for the reply. I actually did already go through that step, which is how I came upon the issue of the unsupported file type that cannot be imported. The app is acting as though at some point I was asked to grant permission to photos, and I specified a selection rather than "all", but actually it has never asked. It did with camera (I realise that's why camera is there in the app settings).

What do you think the solution is?

All best

Cadence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cadence, just one more idea of a place to look - under iOS Settings > Privacy > Photos:

PS1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest version of the application has a fix for this. If you updated the application and are still encountering it try deleting the application and reinstalling. You should no longer be prompted for access to Photos and there will not be a setting for Photos in the Application Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines