• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UXP Plugin Photoshop + Read write XMP data + XMP lib:AdobeXMPScript

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been evaluating the UXP plugin architecture for migration and I can't find any API to read and write the XMP metadata. 

Are there any plans to support this?

Is there anything similar to 'ExternalObject' and the way we used it in Extendscript?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably I am only one person who can tell something more about, as I'm concerned about much. That I know XMP will not be supported by UXP, so to use it you will need modern tools. Still there is no answer how to read metadata (similary UXP can not be used to other stuff ExtendScript handled well). Maybe in future they cover every segment of ES by UXP, for now you can try to join Photoshop Prerelease Program where you'll get more answeres directly from creators (also about how we will read metadata other way than we did so far):

UXP documenation for developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also interested in writing info to the image metadata using UXP. Any news about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a UXP plugin for Photoshop and I am wondering if it is possible to write some metadata like description and keywords to the activeDocument. I search in the documentation but there is nothing about it.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't see how the content of that link can help with my original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not UXP forum, the link to proper one you find in the latest linked thread 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines