Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector path issue when graphic processor is disabled

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I'm using Photoshop 22.4.1 on several Macs and I've noticed a bug easily reproductible with the vector paths:

First, in the Preference Pane/Performances, I uncheck "Use a graphic processor" and relaunch Photoshop.

Then I draw a simple vector path with the Pen tool. When I want to select or unselect the path with a Path selection tools (black or white arrows), it's almost impossible to select or modify or unselect the path or a vector. It's like the display is frozen or unresponsive (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). 

OK, I can check 'Use a graphic processor" on some Mac and work normally BUT in my classroom, all my Macs can't enable the graphic processor (my iMac with Catalina are too old) so I can't show to my student how to modify a vector path. 

It's very annoying…

Can you try and confirm the bug ? And report the bug to Adobe, as I'm not very fluent in English (I'm french speaking) ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

On the macs that can't Use Graphics Processor go to Photoshop>Preferences>Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas and restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the macs that can't Use Graphics Processor go to Photoshop>Preferences>Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas and restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for your answer.

At first I tought you found the solution but no, it's even worse:
If I check Deactivate Native Canvas, I can effectively modify the vector path, great !! BUT when I use a Selection Tool( Rectangular, Elliptical… marquee tool) Photoshop crash immediately.

I tried on my old iMacs with Catalina and my new iMacs with Big Sur: 
1. uncheck Use Graphic Processor
2. check Deactivate Native Canvas
3. make a selection
4. Photoshop crash

So back to square one… Grrr

Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Now it works with the 22.4.2 update. No more crash !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines