• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Timeline: Video Group Copy and Pasting Layers when offset issue

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop for a bit with animation, relying on the video timeline. The workflow has been pretty consistent on the features the software has, but there's quite a problem with the way video groups function when the layer "frames" are offset from the start of the timeline. The issue is copy and pasting the layers in a video group (in place or not) at a specific position in the timeline snaps the layers back to the beginning. This gets pretty tedious constantly trying to move the frames back to its place in the timeline, obviously it does not make animating with the timeline impossible, but rather more time-consuming and annoying.

Surprisingly, I haven't been able to find any sort of community post or video addressing this problem because I feel like working with frames, copying and pasting them at a specific position in the timeline is a pretty important deal with the workflow.

I've attached images below for demonstration, one before, and one after I copy and pasted the layer, is there any sort of way around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?