• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is a .p_s_ file?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have had a few instances when a file is saved as a .p_s_ file instead of a .psd - I've caught it and re-saved when I still have the file open in Photoshop, and am able to save it as .psd, so I'm guessing some kind of error happens while it's saving, but I'm not sure what exactly. Has this happened to anyone else? If I close the file and try opening it again, Photoshop doesn't recognize the file type, nor does my computer (it says there is no application set to open the document). I'm using Catalina 10.15.7 and running Photoshop 22.3.0 through CC.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.06.34 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This looks like a type error, and the psd extension got changed to p_s_ try renaming it to .psd and see if you're able to open the file in Photoshop.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you so much! I didn't think to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can batch rename files using Adobe Bridge. Go to Tools > Batch Rename...

batch rename files bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Sahil.Chawla method works but it is still a problem while save a PSD document. I realized since yesterday when I opened RAW files from the camera en saved them with retouch layers to PSD. Some files were saved normal as .PSD but others saved as .p_s_

So, Sahil if you are from Adobe, maybe can talk there that is not a type error but an app error. 

Regards, 

Alejo R. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me, too, but it's when I'm saving a hi-res .jpg using the keyboard shortcut for 'save as.' If I try to type '.jpg' the 'save as' window closes as soon as I hit 'j.' When I keyboard shortcut 'save as' a second time this does not happen. It doesn't happen every time but fairly often - and often when I have many hi-res images open at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 100% an app error, not a user error. I've had multiple files save with the extension .p_s_ even when starting from File > New and saving as the default filetype. Without me typing anything, it will sometimes suggest "Untitled-1.p_s_". And when I switch it to .psd, it gives a dialog box asking if I'm sure I want to save as .psd instead of the default Photoshop filetype .p_s_.

It happens most frequently when I, while having multiple files open, make drastic changes to a PSD and try File > Save As.

Photoshop 22.3.1 and Big Sur 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happened for the first time today for me. I just saved as a PSD. very odd.Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 1.04.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post that issue, with your screenshot showing the Photoshop message, at the link below which is monitored by Adobe developers

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also got this error message today trying to save out a file for a print ad. Photoshop automatically added the .p_s_ extension when I used Save As and then when I manually changed it to .psd I got the pop up. Very weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines