• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this navigational symbol that voluntarily pops up in all of my images? How do I get rid of?

Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, every image I open today has this 'Captain Hook' navigational symbol that pops up and stays centered on my images, I have no idea what triggered this to start appearing and nothing I do gets rid of it, not the esc. key, nothing. I request help with this as it has stopped my workflow today. 

TIA,

Ken
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 1.50.31 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

It's the rotate canvas tool. It's found in the layer's panel, nestled in under the hand tool. 
You may have turned it on by accident, with a gesture, in which case, go to Preferences > Tools > uncheck Enable Gestures.

There is some very good info on this tool here: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-rotate-view-tool/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the rotate canvas tool. It's found in the layer's panel, nestled in under the hand tool. 
You may have turned it on by accident, with a gesture, in which case, go to Preferences > Tools > uncheck Enable Gestures.

There is some very good info on this tool here: https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-rotate-view-tool/

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely good help S Gans, I appreciate and I'm back to work now thanks to you. Much appreciation.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition, the shortcut for Rotate Canvas is "R" (which may be how you did it accidentally) and "Escape" will back you out.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines