• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what's wrong i just update and there is no option save as Jpeg ?? only 5 options ???

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

스크린샷(54).png

Hello , 

I just got updated ..and after that there is so many save option was gone!!

is it my problem or something wrong?? even i can't save as jpeg !!! 

please help me .....

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

@은경5E73 wrote:

I know how to save as jpeg

Not "Save As". You need to use the new command in 22.4 "Save A Copy".

Did you read the Help file I linked to?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @은경5E73 

Choose File > Save a Copy to be able to save a JPEG.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And remember to remove the " copy" "Save a Copy" may add to the file name if you do not want " copy"  added to the image's  file name.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you should also check with color mode bit depth it should be 8bit per channel...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to save as jpeg or other... problm is after updated.. so may save as option was disappeared.... even there is no pdf or eps option also no more exsit.... i dont understand... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@은경5E73 wrote:

I know how to save as jpeg

Not "Save As". You need to use the new command in 22.4 "Save A Copy".

Did you read the Help file I linked to?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes . 

you use Mac .. and i am not... and i was so confuse and I have to continu to design work.. so i deleted new version and download old version just before updated..and now i got every options as before... 

I was so stressed and I am not sure there is save as copy or not..i jsutcheck file option... 

and now I dont' knwo save as copy is really need to for UPGRADE... 

but THank you so much jane-e !!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@은경5E73 wrote:

now I dont' knwo save as copy is really need to for UPGRADE... 

but THank you so much jane-e !!! 

You're welcome. The "Save a Copy" solved bug that Apple's Catalina caused on Macs, and Adobe applied it across the board on both platforms. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this gone forever? What if you only want to save a JPG? How do we bring it back? I just need the JPG option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TElyacoubi ,

You can still save a jpeg. In 22.4,  use File > Save a Copy. There is also a button in Save As.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html#save-a-copy

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation, but this is ridiculous in my opinion. Let me dig around in some menus while I try to do a last minute revision and save multiple formats for a client before bed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do it like we did it years ago. When Save As could not save a flat file from a layered document that 22.4 has reverted to.. You merge all layer together use save as to save your jpeg then backup in history, For jpeg a very simple three step interactive action with a shortcut like F2.  The interactive Save As step let you choose the destination location for the jpeg.  Not a Big Deal. You can also use a Script like the Image Processor Pro Script cas save a flat finsge file fron a layered document.

image.png

I do not know if this will Work on a MAC Adobe seems to have made this change because Apple changed Mac Files system to add Copy not overwrite old Jpeg file.   Adobe want Photoshop to work the same on Windows and Mac.  That is not possibles the OS have different file systems and application interfaces.  Adobe can not control what Apple and Microsoft do so Adobe may change your work on Mac or Windows trying to make Photoshop operation  appear the be the sane on both PC an Mac,  Its very annoying and disruptive for Adobe Customer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the saving shortcut like 2020. If you don't change i will change my photshop habit I will try another program. I AM SOOOOOO ANGRY ABOUT THAT UPDATE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try another program.

By @osozeri

Good luck with that. Affinity, which is the only serious competition, cannot save to jpeg either - not even as a copy. You have to pull up Export.

Apple changed the rules, and there's nothing Adobe can do. I know you will all ignore and disregard that and believe what you want, but that's what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines