Whats happened to the share button in the option bar?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happened to the share button in the option bar in the top right, since the most recent update it has seemed to of dissapeared.

Cheers

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see the Share button in the latest version on my Mac, but I think I saw some posts where it seems to be missing in the new M1 native version for Apple Silicon Macs. Are you using an Intel or Apple Silicon Mac, and which version of macOS?

If you are on an M1 Mac, the official Adobe help document for Photoshop for Apple Silicon says one of the currently missing features is “Share an image button / Quick Share.” Those missing features were available when running the non-M1 (Intel) version under Rosetta translation. 

The Adobe help document doesn’t say whether those features are permanently gone, but some were restored between the beta and official releases, so more of them will probably come back in later updates. If you must use the Share button now, you could set Photoshop to open in Rosetta translation, but would lose the speed benefits of M1 optimization.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in using Photoshop 2021. The quick share button in upper right corner is non-functional. It's there, it just doesn't work. I restarted my MacBook Pro 15-inch (Mid-2015) running Big Sur. It worked just prior to the latest update of Photoshop 2021 but not since. Updated to Latest version of Big Sur as well (OS 11.3)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues with Share - both from the drop down under File or the icon in Options. Any solution yet? Using Mac Big Dur 11.4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Big Sur 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem here, share option vanished from options bar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines