• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When an image scaled down, Gamut warning picks up some parts of it.

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I painted an image and fixed colors by enabling Proof Colors and Gamut Warning. I made copies of the image and reduced in various sizes to make it as a wallpaper background. The problem I'm having is that when I scale the same images down, Gamut warning starts to pick up as it shows in the image I attached. Will this become a big problem when I print the image as it is? If so, what is the best way fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, gamut warning is pretty useless because it doesn't tell you how much out of gamut. If you need to preview how it will print, soft proof to the print profile.

In this particular case it's probably oversharpened, so you get artifacts along the edges. Avoid "bicubic automatic", it tends to oversharpen. For clean graphics like this you probably don't want to use any of the bicubic algorithms at all, but maybe "nearest neighbor", which will preserve sharp edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried changing to Nearest Neighbor in Resample Image in Image Size, but nothing changes. So I checked Image Size again, and it shows to Bicubic Automatic again instead of Nearest Neighbor. What did do wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonder why there's no EDIT function in this forum. 

Anyway, I also tried creating a new document and then tried changing Resample Image with other options. Whatever I chose, it all comes back to Bicubic Automatic when I check again later. It's photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines