• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my text blacking out when I highlight it (Photoshop)?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to highlight text (which normally gives you a translucent panel), it's suddenly showing in all black making it super-difficult to work with. Did I flip a setting on somewhere or is this a bug?

christianc78179901_0-1605666674315.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problem in that I don't have to highlight text for this to happen. If I am just looking at the text only on its layer, it is blacked out. If I put a filled layer below it, it shows fine. If I turn on transparency, the text shows fine. So can anyone give some insight into this problem? ADOBE, WHY NO ANSWERS?!!

jane-e_0-1620929676166.png

jane-e_1-1620929725748.png

jane-e_2-1620929753418.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, resetting preferences no matter which way, makes no difference. This is PSD 2021 ver 22.3.1, which is terrible to begin with, but thought I'd ask this question anyway. Not really using it, as it is incredibly buggy and slow and basically a "dog"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. What about installing a previous Photoshop version? Maybe it's a problem related to that Photoshop version (22.3.1).

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried Photoshop 22.4 released this week?

Also does going to Preferences >Performance unchecking Use graphics Processor and restarting Photoshop affect the issue ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines