workspace keeps resetting to default

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A minor annoyance but every time my computer sleeps, photoshop reverts to a default workspace. All i need do is hit the reset workspace command but is there a way to keep this from occuring?

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's quite strange as workspace in Photoshop keeps resetting to default. Let us help make this right.

What is the version of Photoshop you're using and on which OS?

It seems that some setting in the app preferences is causing the your workspace to reset on it's own. Could you try resetting Photoshop's preferences & see if it helps? 
https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: 
https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue too. I am not sure why this happens to me though. It's always at random times (not whenever my computer sleeps)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also.  It started happening after I got a new computer.  I'm using the same version of Photoshop as I did on my previous computer (Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.3.1)
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Plus I loose all my actions and have to FIND them and reload them all each time this happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too.  I'd rather hit reset workspace everytime than figure out how to backup settings, reset settings, restore settings. This is bs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
17 hours ago 17 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 22.4.2. Updated this week and what do you know, all preferences back to DEFAULT yet AGAIN! SO tired of resetting my preferences. What's going on Adobe? Seems this has been going on for years, what are we paying for? Not basics it seems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines