• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write Permissions Error in Photoshop 22.4.2 when using Save for Web but not when using Export As

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been having difficulty the last seven days + using 'Save for Web' to save files, experienceing a Write permissions error. Do not have an issue with the same file when I use 'Export As'.

Only becomes an issue when I want to export animated Gif's as Export As appears to only save the first frame whereas 'Save for Web' exports all frams as an animation?

Any help please?

Using macOS Big Sur and PS 2021 22.4.2 Release

]https://www.loom.com/share/6a8b6623e5f24b109d81fda0f2bfb0b7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while trying to use Save For Web. Would you mind telling us the exact macOS version you're running?

Please ensure that Photoshop has the necessary permissions on your Mac using the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, you can try running the script to repair permissions mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-fix-most-issues.html

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On the machine I am having difficulty with I am running

macOS Big Sur Version 11.4

I followed steps 1-5 with no joy using Save for Web - see attached screenshot.

Does it matter the script link you gave is for Lightroom?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I ran the script anyway, restarted and retried, still no joy I am afraid.

Do you have any further suggestions please, as I have already un-installed and re-installed the PS software 4-5 times this week.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj

And just for completeness I have tried using Save for Web saving to different locations i.e. iCloud Drive, local hard drive, dropbox, desktop and none work. (broken link removed)

janee_0-1703291402792.png

Kind regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem with "Write Permissions" has anyone found a good solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. I did an update today and still have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as well and have done the same still, and still getting the error message. Any other ideas that we can do to resolve this. It just started on 3 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you give up on this? Your product is unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great this did the trick for me! Thanks for the info. I am running on the latest OS Ventura Version 13.4.1 MacBook Pro. Maybe that info can help someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue today and nothing is fixing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for monthes on my work computer and its been driving me nuts and I finally found the issue!

If you use Dropbox on MacOS you need to turn off the "Backup This Mac" feature. Dropbox blocks Adobe apps from accessing the files and folders it needs.

I found the solution through the After Effects community who spotted the issue first. Here's the full guide:
https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/dropbox-macos-warning/

Super simple and after a restart, I was able to exports GIFs through Save for Web!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - this fixed it!!

this was super annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me also. Many thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines