Write permissions error - Photoshop 2021 version 22.1 on macOS Big Sur version 11.1

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not export any legacy formats.
I have enabled photoshop 2021 in the systems security permissions for full disk access and the same for files and folders and accessibility, after having read some of the previous advice on here for older versions of photoshop and OS, but to no avail. An error message appears every time I try to save for web legacy - It's an animated GIF I'm trying to export. An incredibly frustrating fault that needs to be addressed soon! 

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I also have same/similar issue. My error message is: ADOBE SAVE FOR WEB ERROR - could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred. My aim is to export some slices.

My operating software is Big Sur on MAC.

I reset my photoshop 2021 preferences - did not help.

Also checked my systems security permissions. Under security & privacy, photoshop 21 has all access under accessibility and files and folders.

Don't know what to do now. Please help.

Daniel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

I am on MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 & Photoshop 2021 (tried on both 22.2 & 22.1).

Recieving this message when I slice a medium size image and try to export for web:

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 8.33.39 pm.png

I have done all of the trouble-shooting things suggested on all the threads and nothing has worked ! 😞

I am now testing installing an earlier version of Photoshop to try and get the job done for now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error using the Save to Web: Write permissions error - Photoshop 2021 version 22.2 on macOS Catalina 

The only reason for using this is to avoid having to change the image size before exporting. Exporting to PNG or JPG still works. I like the old workflow, but I guess I'll have to learn a new one.

...Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... I have it also on Big Sur...MiniMAC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue and went through all of the troubleshooting as well! I reverted back to Photoshop 22.0.1 and I'm able to save for web again.

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 -- updating to 11.2.2 tonight and will try going back to the latest Photoshop version to see if that fixed anything. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this error. I have reset, restarted, given permissions, made the files smaller...nothing works. Please address! My students are starting to think I don't know what  I am doing 😉 Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same or similar issue with 2021 Photoshop. My workflow is to Save to Web to a PNG-24. It does go to that screen but then saves as HTML. This is on a MacBook Pro running OS Catalina. My old iMac, running OS High Sierra (because its too old to upgrade from there), and running Photoshop 2020, saves to PNG-24 just fine.I've looked everywhere and compared psd versions, preferences, etc. and cannot find a setting that is somehow different.

My work around in the 2021 is a simple "Export As" (vs Save for Web Legacy) but my question is: does that give me a PNG-24? It just says "PNG" in the format.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and what helped me was holding down the alt key in the save for web dialog - that changes the Cancel and Done buttons to Reset and Remember. Clicking on those made the problem go away.

Skærmbillede 2021-03-10 kl. 11.49.04.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well. Big Sur 11.2 and Photoshop 22.3.0.

My workaround has been to hit the Preview-button in Save for Web dialogue and from that page save the image file.

Everytime Photoshop or OS updates I am hoping it will be fixed, but so far no luck...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried holding down the alt key in the save for web dialog box - that changes the Cancel and Done buttons to Reset and Remember? Clicking on those made the problem go away for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Tried it after you posted. No difference. Also threw out all the pref-files. Still not working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this too, but no luck. Thank you though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up saving from the Preview window. Great workaround! I too hope the updates will fix this soon...do you think going back to an older version of PSD would be a good idea?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 22.0 but it didn't work for me.

I am running the new M1 chip so perhaps that's an issue as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me ocurre lo mismo en Windows 10 x64, ¡Solución ya! Señores de Adobe. ¡Ya!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 2012 Mac Pro running Mojave on an administrator account. Was working fine, and then it wasn't, with no discernable changes to account for it. Have nuked settings (Cmd-Opt-Shift when clicking to start App), added to Full Disk Access in Security, tried the Option "Reset" and "Remember" trick, rebooted more times than I care to admit, and even ran disk utility thinking maybe I needed to repair permissions, and still nothing. Working on animated gifs and using the "Preview" workaround, but it's annoying and time-consuming. I know this is a legacy feature, but there's no other way to output an animated gif, so forced to use it. Anyone know if PSDs saved in 2021 will open in previous versions? May need to walk back to an older version until it's fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out!!!!! You can't have any symbols like underscores in the file name!!!! Or spaces between words.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigue sin funcionar a pesar de no poner símbolos en el nombre de archivo. Incluso habiendo actualizado Ps hoy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I've just updated to Big Sur on my Intel Macbook pro. Running latest versions of everything (PhotoShop 22.4 and Big Sur 11.3.1). I also just want to save out an animated GIF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue OS Catalina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My work around - Click the 'Preview Button' which is on the bottom left of the export panelScreenshot 2021-05-24 at 20.04.19.png. Then right-click the gif and save it to a local folder

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here after the Update to Photoshop 22.4.1 on Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fix!

You have to go to Security and Privacy in system preferences, go to Full Disk Access on the left.

Then, in the finder, go to the Go menu, (Go Menu > Go to Folder" and put:

/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/XPCServices/com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService

Then drag "com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService" into the list of apps allowed to access data (see attached screenshot). You can't, as far as I can tell, add it using the + button, but dragging-and-dropping worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this @guruscotty . I tried adding com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService and also the "Save For Web" app by dragging them to the Full disk access items. Unfortunately none of this worked for me...

Now the issue has also surfaced on my iMac. I am starting to think this has something to do with my Dropbox. Anyone else have Dropbox installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines