• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom to 'Print Size' feature completely removed from Photoshop 13.0.2

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe decided to remove the 'Print Size' button/option from the 'Zoom' tool in Photoshop 13.0.2

I use this heavily as I run a print lab and I often need to show people on screen what the size of their print will be (I have set the correct ppi for each display in preferences).

I am absolutely amazed they could remove a feature like this without any warning in a minor update. The irony is that for the first time ever retina displays have enough resolution to assess sharpness without going to 100% and the 'View Print Size' is more useful that ever before.

I will probably have to roll back to the last Photoshop version on all systems but before I do, does anyone know if there is a way to get the 'Print Size' option back???

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

That assumes you have 13.0.1 to which to begin.

...or 12.x, 11.x or most any prior version of recent memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Method as well as others using similar, works without needing any prior versions. Just match the print res to screen res run the image at 100% and you get the result you need, close enough anyway. I use it to see the impact of a larger presentation but of course, in any case, running a 50" print ay 100%with screen resolution will not allow you to see the entire image on a monitor smaller than that, but neither did the Print size button.

I see another update just flagged me. I wonder what that is all about....

Camera Raw 7.3.

Well, well well, update failed.

Error Code: U43M1D207

Failed again same error code. The d/l didn't start.

Message was edited by: Hudechrome

Message was edited by: Hudechrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

My Method as well as others using similar, works without needing any prior versions...

The way I described it also works without actually having a previous version installed, provioded you already know the exact % value rquired for viewing the image.  In the end, we are both describing the very same thing--unless I'm missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

In order for me to use your method, I would have to install CS5.

Using % negates the need to artificially set the Print Rez to the same as screen, making a serious error possible in saving the image at the wrong rez!

If they don't fix it, I'll have to find the actual %.

Later...
L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Removing that functionality is nothing short of a dumb-ass move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

Agreed.  Removing that functionality is nothing short of a dumb-*** move.

And worse yet when you're on the subscription plan Creative Cloud you apparently have no choice but to upgrade/update to the latest software no matter how many new bugs have been introduced or features removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I am asked to do the D/L, which I can refuse to do. That is no different than non-subscription updates. Neither will reveal it's bugginess, if present, until you do install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

No, I am asked to do the D/L, which I can refuse to do. That is no different than non-subscription updates. Neither will reveal it's bugginess, if present, until you do install it.

At least someone with an answer.

But how long can you refuse download/update?

Can I keep a test partition to install and test updates while keeping a working partition with an older working version?

If I want to keep CS6, can I also update to CS7 to test first?

I can not afford downtime because of Adobe bugs and changes that change workflow or make something else incompatable. This needs to be answered and cleared up by Adobe in reguards to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With regard to any bug that shows in an update, not just the cloud.

Having a test partition to try updates is actually an interesting idea. I make dupes of images I want to try some destructive technique not available as a smart object.

Or at least, a Ctrl-Z type function to revert back one update.

Adobe isn't the only one with this problem. OS updates are notorious for being problematic after an update. And upgrade? The craziness of going to Win8 is a case in point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

Is the a way to backout bad updates you gave the OK to install? Can you remove a cloud product then re-install without the latest updates?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

...or 12.x, 11.x or most any prior version of recent memory.

True. It's always been standard operating procedure (at least for me) to keep the previous version around in case of unforeseen issues with the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do this ? What reason would they have for removing this function that gets used by lots of people who print. I thought I was loosing it because I used it only minutes befor the update was installed then went to use it again and it was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Tony. I too run a fine art print shop for artists creating fine art prints and use the print size button with each client as we examine their files for any issues before printing.

I rolled back to 13.0.1 and will stay there until Adobe fixes the problem.  The workaround is just too cumbersome and looks really unprofessional while working with a client.

Every print shop that uses Photoshop to drive it's printers will have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines