• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

16 bit layer error after update Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2021 on my mac computer. after the update i get a message that the photo has a 16 bit layer and it is not supported by Photoshop Elements. before the update i never had any problems with this. 

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the exact words of the error message? Maybe embbed a screenshot in your answer. Use the 11th icon on the top of your answer to include it in your answer.

From the beginning, Elements has never supported 16-bits layers. That has been officially stated by Adobe in an faq several years ago.

Generally, you get a warning to convert to 8-bits when you open files created with 16-bits layers in the full Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please share the steps you are doing when you get the message. Does this appear while opening 16 bit images or in other scenerio?

Please share a screenshot of the message that appear.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines