• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 download doesn't include both Mac and Windows.

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am VERY dissapointed with Adobe. I was using Elements 2014 on my Windows desktop and my Mac laptop when I wasn't at home. I only had to purchase one product. Finally, I decided to upgrade to the 2021 version only to find out that THEY WANT TO TO PAY AGAIN for the Mac version. As I don't use both computers at the same time one price should cover both operating systems. (If I had a Windows laptop I would be able to have the program installed on both my desktop and my laptop) Buying the program twice adds up to quite a chunk of change. That's my little rant. Perhaps someone at Adobe will notice this and rectify their mistake. Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request , Mac , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy the disc version instead of the download version, you can use it on both Windows and Mac.  It comes with both discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errr, I don't think the above is correct. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it.

I just upgraded from PSE 2020 (MS Store version) to PSE2021 using the Adobe website and I was offered both the Windows and Mac version. I simply had to pick my download! Could even have grabbed both if I wanted to.

Obviously I don't know what went wrong for you, but if you upgrade (or buy too I assume) you'll get access to both versions. I did...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was not given a key for the Mac version. The key they gave me
only worked fir Windows. However, I was eventually able to contact support
and they got me what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ShelLuser ,

You are wrong. This has been true for many years. The MS Store version is a different distribution system managed by MS with different licensing sytem. Of course, if you want to swap your OS platform or get an additional download and license key you have to ask for Adobe Customer Care.

The Adobe license is limited to two activated computers at the same time. If you lose one activation (stolen computer for instance), you'll have to call Customer Care to restore the lost activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. Yes, I was able to contact Adobe Customer Care eventually and
they gave me the license. I had trouble figuring out how to contact them.
After a bit I got frustrated and posted my problem. Eventually, I figured
out that one contacts them through Creative Cloud. Thanks for your
response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines