• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 Freezing and then Crashing When Scrolling for Font Selection

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem I was having when I had 2022.  When wanting to change a typeface and scrolling down the list to find the one I want, the screen freezes and then crashes. A reboot brings it back but doesn't fix the problem.  Additionally, when entering text, it is always inserted under the top layer and thus I can not see what I am entering.  Using Win 11 with plenty of memory. Will uninstalling Adobe 2022 and reinstalling 2023 be the cure?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for a support response, I went ahead and deleted both PSE 2022 and 2023. Then I ran a cleaner to pickup any bits and pieces let behind. I also opened by Windows font directory. By clicking on each font icon I could see tiny representation of what the font looked looked like. One of the font icons display gibberish which made me think it was a corrupt file. I deleted it and found that I could now scroll the entire length of the fot library in PSE 2023 and no freeze and crash.

I am still having problems that when I type text over a background it does not display on the screen as the cursor moves forward. It is only after I click the check mark do I see what the text looks like.  Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact prob here Howard ... software is useless in this state ... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look for a corrupt font like Howard K found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things to try...

You can also try resetting your preferences.

2023-05-04_041312.png2023-05-04_041827.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines