• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add files to Organizer?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE Organizer 2019.  I'm new at this.  Running Windows 10.  App, files and catalog on the same desktop HD.

QUESTION 1: I understand the import files process fairly well.  If I add a file to a an Explorer folder already imported to PSE Organizer, is there a way to refresh the catalog to recognize the added file?  So far it seems the only way is to manually go to Explorer and import the new file.  This works but the process seems to beg for automation.    

QUESTION 2:  Is there some rule of thumb about catalog size as it relates to the number and size of the photos in the catalog?  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add a Watch Folder, and any files that are added to that folder (or optionally sub-folders) will be added to the Organizer catalog.  (You also have the option to add the files automatically or to be notified about the new files.)  Go to File>Watch Folders menu and it will open up the following dialog:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.24_22h00m45s_001_.png

There is no published maximum size for a catalog.  I currently have a catalog of 185,000 media files and have no problems with it. I know of other users who have catalogs exceeding 200,000 media files.  Performance was substantially enhanced in Elements 2020 and the catalog opens very quickly.  Older versions would tend to take a longer time to open and perform certain high intensity operations, particularly with larger catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines