• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Pixels Above Top of Photo

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a complete rookie to photo editing.  I have a photo that has a very thin strip of blue sky at the top.  Is there a way to, say, double the width of that strip?  I have tried select, copy, and paste but it won't let me paste above the top of the photo.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image > Resize > Canvas to increase the size of the canvas to be able to add to the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you increase the canvas size, it might be better to use the clone and/or healing tools rather than copy and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I am using PSEv.2023

2. On the Expert tab, go to Image menu>Resize>Canvas size. In the dialog that comes up, extend the height (new size) to 115%. You may have to experiment to get the right increment, but try 115% for a starter. Keep the width unchanged, and check "constrain proportions." Left click on the anchor point in the 6 o"clock position to extend at the top.

3. Switch over to the Guided tab, and in the search box at the top enter "Blue sky with Clouds." This will take you to Perfect Landscape , and on the right you should see several sky options. You can cycle through these to select one to suit.

4. It may be advantageous to delete the sky strip in your photo and substitute one of the elegant sky/cloud representations.

5. Once you have mastered this, go back (step #2) and extend the canvas  appropriately so that the picture will not look fake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a recent version of Elements you can use the Extend Background Guided Edit (found under the Special Edits tab).

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, December 3, 2023_19h47m19s.png

You can set how much you want to add to the image and it will be filled by AI.   This example probably took me less than 30 seconds:

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, December 3, 2023_19h42m9s_multi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines