• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding file name to photos

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to add the photo's file name to the photo, either as a title at the bottom or just underneath?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Yes, that can be done readily.

1. If there is sufficient room at the bottom, you can type the information utilizing the type tool. This will come in on a separate layer. You can drag the text into position. If for some reason this does not work, activate the move tool to do it.

2.In the event that there is not sufficient space at the bottom, you can extend the canvas. To do that, go to Image menu>Resize>Canvas size. This opens a dialog. In the dropdown change the default inches to percent. Chang

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

1. There is no batch process available in PSE for this task.

2. However, you can make a "signature" brush. Once created one saves the brush and applies the text with a simple left click.

How to Create a Signature Brush in Photoshop Elements - Understand Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that can be done readily.

1. If there is sufficient room at the bottom, you can type the information utilizing the type tool. This will come in on a separate layer. You can drag the text into position. If for some reason this does not work, activate the move tool to do it.

2.In the event that there is not sufficient space at the bottom, you can extend the canvas. To do that, go to Image menu>Resize>Canvas size. This opens a dialog. In the dropdown change the default inches to percent. Change the height to 120%. Click on the anchor in the 12 o'clock position. Choose a color for the canvas extension. ok it. If

20% extension is not suitable for your purpose, try another value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I was not clear. What I want is for the file name to be somehow automatically (perhaps by batch process) added on my thousands of photos. Typing each one is is exactly what I do not wish to do.

But thanks for the quick response. Ian

Increasing Cancer Patients' Survival Time

What are my odds to live to be 100? I'm 58 years old in good health

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. There is no batch process available in PSE for this task.

2. However, you can make a "signature" brush. Once created one saves the brush and applies the text with a simple left click.

How to Create a Signature Brush in Photoshop Elements - Understand Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hatstead, but that's not it.

I wanted to do a batch - all at once, not one at a time (I knew how to do that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding information such as date, file name and caption is only available in the printing options from the organizer. Not for adding such information in a resulting image.

Click on 'More options' button on the bottom of the printing dialog window.

You might find relatively flexible free solutions in free (but serious) external softwares like Faststone, Irfanview or similar. The simple fact of optimizing the layout, position, font of the text requires a lot of different parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michel for that disquieting news.

I'm not too surprised, but had hoped there may be some solution.

I'll just have to live with that.

Kind regards, ian

Increasing Cancer Patients' Survival Time

What are my odds to live to be 100? I'm 58 years old in good health

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For $40 you can here:

https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/03f4da64/watermark-3-pro

A bit steep if uou ask me, if there is a way to record a Photoshop Action to create a title from the current image's filenename, then Adobe Bridge allows you to run Photoshop Actions as a batch through menu: Tool > Photoshop > Image Processor. I'll share if I can find a way to do an action or even better someone beats me to it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultnx1z2edik2rg ,

In my previous answer I mentionned that adding the filename or the caption in the image itself can be done in the printing options only.

That gave me the idea to use the organizer printing options to 'print' on a virtual printer driver such as the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' already available in your Windows (or Adobe Acrobat if you are subscribed).

You select your batch of files in the organizer and choose File > Print.

You select first the virtual printer.

Select 'individual prints' and a print size fitting in your paper size.

In the 'more options' of the print dialog, section Printing choice, tick the box for the file name and 'One photo per page'.

You get a multi page pdf file which you can open from Elements or print from Acrobat Reader.

Edit:

Also read that other old discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/how-can-i-bulk-add-file-name-to-pictur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS >> File>Automate>PDF Presentation, browse & add your files in the "source files" box, tick "add file name" in the "output options".

Not super clean but does the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Luftenant did the job, not pretty but was OK for my needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines